Central Coast Craft Brewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beers in Fiji

3 posters

Go down

Beers in Fiji Empty Beers in Fiji

Post  Punter Wed May 22, 2013 8:27 am

In Fiji at the moment Laughing
Beer selection is Fecking terrible!
Only beers I have found so far are;
Fiji bitter
Fiji gold
Fiji premium
Carlsberg
Heinekin,
Corona
Vonu 8,
Vonu lager.
And Guinness at the local supermarket, but too hot to drink stout here!
All the Fiji branded beers are made in Suva under the Fosters group (now SAB Miller or CCA ) monkey
Fiji bitter seems to be re-packaged VB silent I have even seen the CUB keg under the bar!
It has that same rusty lid flavour that VB has.
Fiji gold is ok at best, same taste as xxxx gold, but 4.6% and is the one1 I seem to keep going back for.
Fiji premium is more expensive than most and very sweet. Reminds me of hahn premium.
Had high hopes for the Vonu brand, but once again disappointed.
Vonu 8 is a light coloured larger at 8%, don't bother! Very sweet from lots of sugar used. Has a slight hop flavour and alcohol taste.
Vonu lager, again no good. Low malt low hop. Fairly bland.
Susie bogan would be happy! Beers are the same as mass produced swill back home. cheers
But we are in Fiji, and i guess with the climate and tourists, that's what's to be expected Sad it's not Europe.
So Paul, prepare to drink Shiite when you come next month!

Bula!

Punter
Punter
Admin

http://www.ambernectar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Beers in Fiji Empty Re: Beers in Fiji

Post  Gingerpete Wed May 22, 2013 8:46 am

Theres only one thing to do Duane - Open up a craft brewery in Fiji! Ill come and help you out. Set up the Mash tun out the front of Cloudbreak and we can go for a surf while waiting for it to come to a boil.

I got an app for my phone that lists all of the Craft brewerys and brew pubs in Italy. Never had Italian beer outside Birra Moretti. I'll keep you informed of anything good I find!
Gingerpete
Gingerpete
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  emnpaul Wed May 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Actually I'm not going until the month after next, so maybe Fosters/Inbev/SABMiller will have gone broke and sold it back to the locals by then, who'll resume making the kind of trophy winning craft beers Fiji has always been renowned for.

Or maybe I'll just go for the Guinness,with some water in between. No, not tap water, surfing.
emnpaul
emnpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Punter Thu May 23, 2013 1:17 am

Sounds like a plan Pete. I'm sure your Italian beers you find will be much better than the still here.

Paul, sitting here on the beach looking towards the islands with cloudbreak just a few km out dreaming of being out there Sad
Very jealous while sitting here listening to screaming kids!
Next time when my son can surf better we'll go.
Punter
Punter
Admin

http://www.ambernectar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum