Central Coast Craft Brewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photos of my keg system user-interface

3 posters

Go down

Photos of my keg system user-interface Empty Photos of my keg system user-interface

Post  kt Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:03 am

I've got the user interface of my kegging system mostly finished.  It's got 2x by 3x tap fonts, this is built onto a 2nd-hand ?? litre chest freezer.  It looks like it can hold 8 kegs OK.  The wood is bunnings hardwood fence pailings, which I sanded and sanded.

It still wants another few coats of varnish, and something to fill in between those fence pailings.  But in my available timeslot for work, it's simply too cold for the varnish to dry before the dew falls.

I want to cover and/or paint the rest of the freezer with chalkboard paint.  It had quite a few dents, so I think it needs a new plywood skin.  But the mission for this weekend is to put it on some wheels, and build up from there.  It has to live outside for the forseeable future, and there's no way the wheels I bought will handle the lawn, but it's the best I could get without going to wheelbarrow sized wheels.

Since we ran out of Munich Dunkel (oh the disappointment!), I've only got the Robust Porter, Wheat beer, and Dark Wheat beer on tap.  The leftmost tap is kids ginger beer.  I was thinking of getting some colour-coded tap handles to distinguish.

Photos of my keg system user-interface Treasu11  Photos of my keg system user-interface Treasu12

Last edited by kt on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
kt
kt

Back to top Go down

Photos of my keg system user-interface Empty Re: Photos of my keg system user-interface

Post  sama Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:10 am

Looks great mate
sama
sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Photos of my keg system user-interface Empty Re: Photos of my keg system user-interface

Post  jazzyj Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:58 am

That is very impressive
jazzyj
jazzyj

Back to top Go down

Post  kt Mon May 12, 2014 3:23 am

So 18 months later ...

I filled between the sub-1mm cracks with some black putty stuff and re-varnished.
It looked great.

But I guess (I have no idea about wood-working) the planks were not seasoned completely, and they shrunk.
At first I didn't understand what was happening, I would come out and find cracks opened in the putty that was "guaranteed not to crack". So I re-putty'd. Again and again.

Eventually the boards warped too, some even going concave, and the gaps are much more than 5mm. I've just given up on it.

Moral of the story: get boards off a 25 year old fence, start there.
kt
kt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum