Central Coast Craft Brewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Barley Wine

2 posters

Go down

Group Barley Wine Empty Group Barley Wine

Post  Gingerpete Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:38 am

Hi everyone, I thought I would start a thread for a Brew club activity of a group brew of a Barley wine.

Basically, interested brewers state their interest in brewing a beer together. After a bit of discussion here on what the recipe will be - we will all get together one weekend at Toukley Homebrew shop and brew about 200L of a barley wine. We all split the cost between us all, so it should end up pretty cheap.

After its brewed, we cube it up and everyone can take home 20L of wort to ferment at home. The one requirement is that we all use a different yeast.

Then once its all fermented, everyone bottles it up and we swap around our beers. That way we get a case of different barley wines to age and taste over time.

I also thought to try discussing this through the Aussie Home brewer forum under Central Coast Brewers. The forum here has been a bit quiet, so we may get more interest in the brew club by having an active discussion on the other forum. the link is here http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/78737-group-barley-wine/#entry1147001

So - Who's in?
Gingerpete
Gingerpete
Admin

Back to top Go down

Group Barley Wine Empty Re: Group Barley Wine

Post  jazzyj Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:02 am

I am in, sounds great
jazzyj
jazzyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Gingerpete Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:43 am

Josh, you should get on the AHB forum and let us know what yeast you want to ferment with. Have you ever brewed a Barley wine before? Any input would be great!
Gingerpete
Gingerpete
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down