Central Coast Craft Brewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

christmas case swap and get together. 16th dec

+2
sama
Imperiallambic
6 posters

Go down

christmas case swap and get together. 16th dec Empty christmas case swap and get together. 16th dec

Post  Imperiallambic Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 am

hi guys, as you most probably know already i have put my hand up to host the next club meet/ case swap.
The date was decided at our last meet for the 16th december.

It was also put out there that we should throw an all family welcome affair. Our house is in leonard ave Toukley which backs on to the local reserve with a nice walking trail around the lake and small park so something to keep kids and wifes happy.
And most importantly give us guys the chance to kick our feet up and enjoy the fruits of our labour.

I'm more then happy to empty a few kegs and throw on the bbq for the arvo + the misses loves to get messy in the kitchen so who knows what she will whip up.

If you think you will be making it please reply in this thread at least a week beforehand so i can make sure no one will be going home hungry make sure to post a +1 +2 +1/2 etc so can have a closer idea of exact numbers.

hoping to see all there.

Imperiallambic

Back to top Go down

christmas case swap and get together. 16th dec Empty Re: christmas case swap and get together. 16th dec

Post  sama Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Will be there with wife and 2 kids (aged 3 and 7mnths they eat very little) sounds great marc.
sama
sama
Admin

Back to top Go down

christmas case swap and get together. 16th dec Empty Re: christmas case swap and get together. 16th dec

Post  emnpaul Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:34 am

I will be there. Just me, no wifey, no kids.
emnpaul
emnpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  simplefisherman Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Hey there, apologies for not RSVP sooner, was looking like I wouldn't make it and was hoping something would change so I could... And it seems it has (yaay!) So me (James ) +1.5 will be there.
Out of curiosity, what's the go with introducing new members? I've got a couple of mates who may be interested. Perhaps in the new year would be better?
Still not sure what I'm bringing to case swap, I have a bok type thing lagering but not sure if it will be ready in time, otherwise may have to be a stubby each of a CAP and a golden ale ( both kegs mysteriously depleted so not enough vol for full longnecks of either one, oops! )
simplefisherman
simplefisherman

Back to top Go down

Post  emnpaul Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:21 am

I'll bring some cheese and biccies. ANy preferences let me know.
emnpaul
emnpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Gingerpete Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:37 am

Ill bring some salami and a salad. And maybe some home-baked bread if I get around to it.

Also what time should be be turning up on Sunday?
Gingerpete
Gingerpete
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jazzyj Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:59 am

I thought I would bring the little camp stove and made beer battered stuffed jalapenos.... ill think about it
jazzyj
jazzyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperiallambic Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:17 am

So you wouldn't believe it. My c02 bottle sprung a leak when force carbing a keg.
Hoping I can borrow one from duane tomorrow as I won't get a refill at such short notice. If someone has a small spare they could bring along if I can't borrow one please let me know.

Imperiallambic

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperiallambic Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:22 am

jazzyj wrote:I thought I would bring the little camp stove and made beer battered stuffed jalapenos.... ill think about it

Welcome to use the kitchen stove instead of a camp stove mate

Imperiallambic

Back to top Go down

Post  emnpaul Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:41 pm

What time should we get there?
emnpaul
emnpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperiallambic Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:39 am

2pm

Imperiallambic

Back to top Go down

Post  simplefisherman Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:31 am

So, uhhh... What number Leonard ave? I've got beer...
simplefisherman
simplefisherman

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperiallambic Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:28 am

just a few pics snapped from the other day. totally forgot after a few beers

christmas case swap and get together. 16th dec Imgp2211christmas case swap and get together. 16th dec Imgp2213christmas case swap and get together. 16th dec Imgp2212

Imperiallambic

Back to top Go down

Post  jazzyj Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:23 am

Nice photos Marc,

Quick question about the berliner's I tried.

The one you had on tap, was the wyeast berliner blend, with added freaks and geeks yeast?
and the bottle that you gave me was just the straight berliner blend?

I tried that single bottle you gave me, and it just didn't have the greatness of the one you had on tap. the bottle pretty well exploded out of the top when I opened it, and although it had a nice flavour, just didn't have that certain something that your tap beer had.

Just looking to get the low down before I start my berliner / sours

Cheers
Josh
jazzyj
jazzyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Imperiallambic Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 am

jazzyj wrote:Nice photos Marc,

Quick question about the berliner's I tried.

The one you had on tap, was the wyeast berliner blend, with added freaks and geeks yeast?
and the bottle that you gave me was just the straight berliner blend?

I tried that single bottle you gave me, and it just didn't have the greatness of the one you had on tap. the bottle pretty well exploded out of the top when I opened it, and although it had a nice flavour, just didn't have that certain something that your tap beer had.

Just looking to get the low down before I start my berliner / sours

Cheers
Josh

the beer i had on tap was brewed with a culture brought up from dregs of this bottle only.(the dregs i gave you)
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/moon-dog-magnificent-mullet-billy-ray-citrus/174946/
they claim its only a lacto culture but im certain there is some brett in there because its definately got some funkiness to it.
The beer i gave to you in the bottle was brewed with the berliner yeast only.
I totally agree i find its missing something . It tastes thin and almost watery compared. im hoping some time in the bottle will bring out some extra flavours although the carbonation is explosive already to say the least affraid . i have been warning people to be ready with the biggest glass they have maybe i forgot to mention that to you drunken

Imperiallambic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down